The Training and Development Specialist is responsible for developing, administering, and facilitating training curriculum for a variety of audiences using adult learning strategies and experiential learning opportunities for the CO+I Physical Security program. The Training and Development Specialist will deliver training in a variety of forums, including in-person both domestically and internationally, as well as web-based training. The role also requires review of training documentation, preparation, maintenance, and presentation of training reports, metrics to members of the Sr. Management team and the client, as well as assists with new employee onboarding. The Training and Development Specialist will also engage on wider security projects across the program.
- Plans, prepares, and facilitates training for security officers, supervisors, site-based management teams, and Headquarters-based teams on security functions, processes, responsibilities, technologies and more, considering variances in cultural learning styles and time zones.
- Travels domestically and internationally up to 40% of the time.
- Creates, develops, and facilitates training material and presentations according to the Master Training Plan and Datacenter Physical Security objectives including synchronous learning opportunities, courses, manuals, instructor-led PowerPoint presentations, and written assessments.
- Maintains a documentation review cycle to ensure content remains accurate and up to date with processes and procedures and Datacenter Physical Security branding.
- Serves as Training team representative on projects with Operations personnel and other Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) throughout document review and document creation cycles to ensure accuracy, usability, and procedural requirements.
- Creates and maintains monthly assessments in accordance with annual training calendar.
- Crafts communications regarding document releases and updates and sends to appropriate audiences.
- At the direction of the Regional Training and Development Manager, assigns training in the Master Training Plan (MTP) and the Securitas Learning Management System (LMS).
- Conducts weekly, monthly, and quarterly self-audits to ensure all program staff are compliant with the required Statement of Work on training and provides monthly status reports.
2 Last Revision: May 2021
- Complete site visits and in person training through the region and globally if required. Performs tasks and
duties of a similar nature and scope as required for assigned office.
• The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be
documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties
may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
• All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are
unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
• Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented
separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties, or tasks not specifically listed herein.
• In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to
be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations.
Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
• All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical, and professional manner, and to be
performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack
of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or
explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY:
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS:
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must have a reliable means of communication.
• Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private)
• Must have the legal right to work in the country where the position is located.
• Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
• Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Must be willing to participate in the Company’s pre-employment screening process, including drug screen
and background investigation.
Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years of training related experience required or an equivalent combination of education
and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint, and Excel.
• Experience working in security, military, or law enforcement a plus.